I’m so excited to welcome Erica Vetsch as my guest today! I originally met Erica through mutual blogging friends and then met her in person at the ACFW Conference. She’s one of those people who always has a mischievous sparkle in her eye, and I know she must be plotting trouble to put in her next book. 🙂
Before we get to the interview, let’s learn the basics about her.
Erica Vetsch is a transplanted Kansan now residing in Minnesota. She loves history and reading, and is blessed to be able to combine the two by writing historical fiction set in the American West. Whenever she’s not following flights of fancy in her fictional world, she’s the company bookkeeper for the family lumber business, mother of two terrific teens, wife to a man who is her total opposite and soul-mate, and avid museum patron.
Welcome, Erica! Now on to the fun!
Opener Question: What seven words best describe you?
Wife, Mom, Bookkeeper, History Geek, Novelist, Friendly
1) Snoopy or Garfield? Garfield. We are both afraid of spiders. 🙂
2) Diet or regular? Diet. Caffeine free Diet Coke from morning ’til night.
3) Indoors or outdoors? Indoors. I wish I was outdoorsy and athletic, but I’m more of a reader-hate-bugs-and-dirt kinda girl.
4) Gourmet chef or Chef Boyardee? Chef Boyardee! I don’t enjoy cooking at all. Though I adore watching cooking shows. How odd is that?
5) Sweat pants or dress pants? Sweats all the way. I’m all about comfort. And in Minnesota…warmth!
6) Trick or treat? (Sorry, I couldn’t resist since it is Halloween and all.) Treats!
7) Reese Cup or Kit Kat Bar? Reese’s is the best candy on the planet, bar none!
I’m totally with you on the spider thing, Erica! You, me, and Garfield would be in trouble if we hung out and a spider showed up. Who would kill it?! And now I’ve got a hankering for a Reese Cup. Hmm, I might have to raid the trick-or-treat basket early. 🙂
Thanks for being my guest today!
A Bride’s Portrait of Dodge City, Kansas
Hoping to leave the shadows of her shady yesteryears behind, Adeline Reid is focusing on her photography career. But when her ex-boyfriend’s compatriot in crime shows up in Dodge City her entire past is threatened by exposure. Can Addie keep her secrets while helping to catch a killer? Deputy Miles Carr’s investigation into a shopkeeper’s murder leads him to Addie’s door. Will his attraction to this female photographer keep him from catching the true culprit? Or will Addie lead him off course in more ways than one?
Blog Readers: Let’s talk…Do you have any big Halloween plans? What’s your favorite candy to sneak from the trick-or-treat basket?