I’m thrilled to welcome Lisa Jordan as my guest today! Lisa is one of those acquaintances who shares many mutual friends with me. She’s also one of those people who seems to juggle a lot of things successfully. Wouldn’t we all love to know her secret?! 🙂 Let’s get started by learning the basics about her.
Heart, home and faith have always been important to Lisa Jordan, so writing stories that feature both comes naturally to her. She has been writing contemporary Christian romance for more than a decade. Her debut novel, Lakeside Reunion, released in November by Love Inspired. Her second novel, Lakeside Family, will be released in August 2012 by Love Inspired. Happily married for over twenty years, Lisa and her husband have two young adult sons. When she isn’t writing or caring for children in her in-home childcare business, Lisa enjoys family time, romantic comedies, good books, crafting with friends and feeding her NCIS addiction.
Welcome, Lisa! Let’s get to the fun, shall we?
Opener Question: What seven words best describe you? Daughter, sister, wife, mother, author, friend, passionate
1) European tour or Caribbean cruise? Tough one—I’m a beach lover, so I’ll have to go with Caribbean cruise. Hubby and I are planning a cruise for our 25th anniversary.
2) On the move or home sweet home? I’m a homebody so I’ll take home sweet home.
3) Tacos or lasagna? Definitely lasagna, although my oldest son does make a mean taco lasagna.
4) Run a mile or run a bunch of errands? Run a mile? Are you kidding? Definitely a bunch of errands.
5) Dress shirt or sweatshirt? I work with Little Darlings all day, so sweatshirt is necessary for spit-ups, finger paints, and being used as a tissue. Gross, yes, but welcome to a day in my world. 🙂
6) Finger paint or fingernail polish? Both—I love to finger paint with my Little Darlings, but when it’s grown-up time, I like to have a little glam.
7) Half-full or half-empty? Definitely half-full. I tend to live in an ivory tower and look for the good. Otherwise, life can be too depressing.
I agree with you on that, Lisa! And I loved your food answer. Taco lasagna? Yum! And what’s your trick to get your son to cook? I need to start early on that one. Granted, maybe I should wait a couple years since my son is four years old. 🙂 Oh, and I completely understand the need for a sweatshirt with little ones around. Amazing the stuff that shows up on our clothes, isn’t it?
Thanks for being my guest!
Bed-and-breakfast owner Lindsey Porter prays she won’t run into Stephen Chase when she returns to Shelby Lake. Five years ago, the cop jilted her to marry another woman, and Lindsey fled town. But no sooner does she hit city limits than Stephen pulls her over for a broken taillight. Despite the past, he’s still able to stir up Lindsey’s old feelings for him. Now a widower and single dad, Stephen recognizes a second chance when he sees one. And he’ll do anything to make Lindsey trust in God and take a risk for love—again. Read an excerpt of Lakeside Reunion.
Blog Readers: Let’s talk…Who does the cooking in your house? Mostly you, or does anyone share the load? What’s the weirdest thing your kids have left on your clothes (without grossing us out please! )? 🙂
*flower photo by Twigy Posts