I’m thrilled to welcome Lynda Schab as my meet-and-greet guest today! I remember first seeing Lynda’s name on the contest circuit when I started entering them myself. This lady had quite the corner on the contests! And I had a feeling it wouldn’t be long before I saw her name on the cover of a book. (I just love it when I’m right. :))
Before we get to the fun, let’s start with the basics…
Lynda Lee Schab got her writing start in greeting cards (Blue Mountain Arts, Dayspring) and from there went on to write articles and short stories (Mature Living, Christian Home & School) and in many places online (including www.examiner.com and www.wow-womenonwriting.com), but her passion has always been fiction.
Mind Over Madi, her debut novel, is near and dear to her heart. Lynda admits she has a lot in common with the character of Madi. Not only are they both addicted to ice cream, chocolate, and computer games, they struggle with the same types of insecurities and continually require a hefty dose of God’s grace.
Lynda works behind the scenes at FaithWriters.com and is a member of ACFW. She is a regular book reviewer for FaithfulReader.com and is the Grand Rapids Christian Fiction Examiner and the National Writing Examiner for Examiner.com. Mind Over Madi received Runner-up in the 2007 FaithWriters Page Turner contest, was a finalist in the 2007 RWA Get your Stiletto in the Door contest, and won second place in the 2008 ACFW Genesis contest, Chick Lit category. Lynda lives with her husband, Rob, and two teenagers in Michigan.
See what I mean about those contests? Wowzers! All right, on to the questions…
Opener Question: What seven words best describe you?
Laid-back, quirky, sensitive, simple, curious, fun, real.
1) Australia or Africa? Australia, definitely. I have a friend there I’d love to visit!
2) Sweat pants or dress pants? Given the choice, comfy wins. But it’s nice to dress up once in a while, too.
3) Rock-and-roll or Rock-a-bye-baby? Depends on the mood, but mostly rock-and-roll, as long as it’s not overly rock-ish. I’m a Journey and REO Speedwagon girl.
4) Food Network or Cartoon Network? Well, I’m not much of a cook, but watching other people cook is sort of fun. And it beats cartoons, which just aren’t the same as they used to be. Although I am a Sponge Bob fan.
5) Convertible or pick-up truck? Convertible. Preferably red.
6) Strawberry sundae or chocolate shake? Chocolate, every day of the week. Vanilla ice cream with Hershey’s syrup and milk is my addiction. Unfortunately, my pants don’t like it as much as I do.
7) Out on the town or Take-out and a movie? Again, depends on my mood. Most of the time I’d choose take-out and a movie. In my sweats, while drinking my chocolate shake.
Can’t go wrong with a chick flick, sweats, and a chocolate shake! And I totally agree with you about cartoons, Lynda. Whatever happened to Bugs Bunny and Tweety Bird? Just thinking about it depresses me, which means I need more chocolate. 🙂
Thanks for being my guest today! I loved having you! (And I’m loving your humor in Mind Over Madi, by the way.)
Mind Over Madi
Madi McCall admits her husband lacks a little in the romance department, but all in all, he’s been a good husband, a good father. Now, though, she suspects Rich is having an affair with Fawn Witchburn, the mother of one of his fourth-grade students. To say Fawn shows off her “assets” more than should be legally allowed in public is an understatement, and Madi’s insecurities kick into high gear. When, in a heated moment, she asks Rich to leave and he complies, Madi is forced to deal with her issues. Issues of love and trust she’s tried so hard to avoid. Issues that trail all the way back to her childhood and make her act like a total moron.
Blog Readers: Let’s talk…What cartoon from the “olden days” do you miss most? Or if you can’t think of a cartoon, what’s a classic TV show that you miss?