I can’t tell you how excited I am to welcome Regina Jennings here today! I first met her a couple years ago at a writers conference and then became an agency-mate and then celebrated the news of her debut novel. She’s one of those people who has a permanent smile, and she somehow blends sweet and funny in a winsome combo.
Let’s get to know her a little better before we dive into the interview…
Regina Jennings is a graduate of Oklahoma Baptist University with a degree in English and a history minor. She has worked at The Mustang News and First Baptist Church of Mustang, along with time at the Oklahoma National Stockyards and various livestock shows. She lives in central Oklahoma with her husband and their four children.
Welcome, Regina! In the spirit of Valentine’s Day, I’ve given my questions a Valentine-ish spin. 🙂 So let’s get to it, shall we?
Opener Question: What seven words best describe you?
Content, unsophisticated, amused, smiley, curious, laid-back, friendly
1) How you met your hubby: Love at first sight or Grew into love?
How we met… that’s an embarrassing story that will forever brand me as the biggest nerd ever. We went to high school together for three years, but our paths had never crossed. We met my senior year. I was dressed as my mom and was taking my freshman sister around to meet her teachers at open house. Yes, I’m serious. I had my hair in a bun and was wearing my mom’s clothes and glasses. My sister stopped to flirt with this gorgeous basketball player that she’d met at the beginning of the year. We were introduced, but I didn’t want to stay and talk for obvious reasons.
I had to stop this narrative to ask him what it was about that meeting that caused him to hunt down my phone number. He says it was my sense of humor. I thought he liked the librarian look.
Love at first sight or grew into love? Did I mention that he’s hot? If I was deep and spiritual I’d say that I gradually grew to love his mature Christian faith. True, I didn’t realize what a wonderful man he was at first, but his looks kept me around until I had time to discover it.
2) Romantic getaway: Redwood Forest or Miami Beach? I like to hide. A beach with tall hotels would aggravate my sniper phobia. Redwood Forest, definitely. (Yes, snipers can climb trees, but the leafy barrier would obstruct their view.)
3) A day with your valentine: Walk in the park or go to the movies? A walk in the park, especially if it’s wild and I can pretend like we’re explorers.
4) Valentine’s dinner: Chicken marsala or Steak and potatoes? What breed of chicken is a marsala? I’ve never seen one of those so I’ll have to go with steak and potatoes. Angus.
5) What you’ll wear: Fancy dress or Jeans and a nice sweater? I hate jeans and sweaters. I’d wear a dress, even if we were going exploring. If it’s good enough for Sacajawea…
6) Sweet treat: Box of chocolates or chocolate cheesecake? Chocolate Cheesecake. Mmmm…
7) Valentine flowers: Red roses or Pink daisies? Tough choice. I like the traditional extravagance of red roses, but pink daises are probably more my style. How about a giant bouquet with both?
I like your thinking on the flowers, Regina. Equal opportunity. 🙂 And your meet-the-hubby story is one of the best I’ve ever heard! I’m curious why you had to pose as your mom and if she really does wear a bun and glasses. But hey, whatever catches the guy in the end, right?
Thanks for being here today! You’re a blast! 🙂
Sixty Acres and a Bride
She’s Finally Found a Place to Call Home… How Far Will She Go to Save It?
With nothing to their names, young widow Rosa Garner and her mother-in-law return to their Texas family ranch. Only now the county is demanding back taxes and the women have just three months to pay.
Though facing eviction, Rosa falls in love with the countryside and the wonderful extended family who want only her best. They welcome her vivacious spirit and try to help her navigate puzzling American customs. She can’t help but stand out, though, and her beauty captures attention. Where some offer help with dangerous strings attached, only one man seems honorable. But when Weston Garner, still grieving his own lost love, is unprepared to give his heart, Rosa must decide to what lengths she will go to save her future.
Blog Readers: Let’s talk…Who or what is the strangest thing you’ve dressed up as? Any fun meet-the-hubby stories to share? Or how about flower preferences…pink or red?