I’m so thrilled to welcome Janice Thompson as my guest today! I first met Janice through her book, Fools Rush In (the first in her Weddings by Bella series), and let me tell you…I laughed my way through it. She has a gift for humor therapy, and I was excited to meet her in person and see firsthand what a sweet, godly woman she is. Her newest book sounds fabulously fun, so I hope you’ll keep reading for details.
She got her start in the industry writing screenplays and musical comedies for the stage. Janice has published nearly eighty books for the Christian market, crossing genre lines to write cozy mysteries, historicals, romances, nonfiction books, devotionals, children’s books and more. She particularly enjoys writing light-hearted, comedic tales because she enjoys making readers laugh. In addition, she enjoys public speaking and mentoring young writers. Award-winning author Janice Thompson also writes under the pseudonym Janice Hanna. Janice is passionate about her faith and does all she can to share the joy of the Lord with others, which is why she particularly enjoys writing. Her tagline, “Love, Laughter, and Happily Ever Afters!” sums up her take on life. She lives in Spring, Texas, where she leads a rich life with her family, a host of writing friends, and two mischievous dachshunds. She does her best to keep the Lord at the center of it all. You can find out more about Janice at www.janiceathompson.com or www.freelancewritingcourses.com.
Welcome, Janice! You’re one busy lady, so let’s get right to the questions. 🙂
Opener Question: What seven words best describe you?
Quirky, fun, loyal, adventurous, disciplined, determined, passionate
1) Rio de Janeiro or Venice? Venice! Oh my goodness! I’ve always wanted to travel to Italy. I planned to go in 2006 but it didn’t work out. One of the highlights of the trip would’ve been our stop in Venice. Gorgeous!
2) Fred Astaire or Cary Grant? Seriously? I have to choose? I’m a musical theater gal, so I’ll have to go with Fred, but ONLY because you’ve painted me into a corner.
3) Convertible or Jeep? I own a Jeep Liberty. ‘Nuff said?
4) Grilled hamburgers or Shish kebabs? Hamburger! I’m currently on a diet, but in my dreams I long for a big, thick juicy burger with cheddar cheese, bacon, mayo, pickles and lettuce. Yum! Oh, and can we add a thick, rich chocolate shake and some fries?
5) Bugs Bunny or Tweety Bird? Bugs Bunny! He gave me hours of pleasure as a child. “W-w-what’s up, Doc?” Love it!
6) Strawberry angel food cake or Chocolate pound cake? Strawberry angel food cake. It’s one of the few things I can eat on my diet, so I lean on it! Yum! I love chocolate cake, too, but have never had chocolate pound cake. (Did I mention that I bake cakes for weddings and birthday parties? See photo above left.)
7) On the beach or In the spa? Oy. Another tough choice. I love the beach. Just spent a week in Galveston. (See photo) Those who read my “Weddings by Bella” series know that I’m nuts about Galveston. I also set another book there (Hurricane, written in 2004).
Wow, Janice, that beach vacation looks wonderful! I’ve never been to Galveston, but I loved visiting it through Bella’s eyes. 🙂 And goodness, that description of the hamburger, fries, and shake just gave me a hankering for a meal at Steak n Shake. But since I’m on a diet too, I may have to spring for something a bit healthier. Maybe I can sneak in a French fry and justify it by taking a turn around the dance floor with Fred Astaire (in my dreams, of course). 🙂
Thanks so much for being my guest today! What a joy to have you here.
Tia Morales is used to calling the shots. She’s the director of the popular sitcom Stars Collide, and her life on set is calculated and orderly. Well, most of the time. But her life outside the studio is another matter. If only she could get her family to behave as well as her stars do! When she starts butting heads with handsome camera operator Jason Harris, it’s enough to send a girl over the edge. Will she ever learn to let go and take life–and love–as it comes?
Full of the humor and crazy family dynamics Janice Thompson fans have come to love, this colorful story gives readers an inside look at Hollywood and a healthy dose of romance.
Blog Readers: Let’s talk…Since I need help curbing this craving for burgers and fries, what’s your favorite diet-friendly food? Or if you’re too focused on the burger like I am, how about toppings? What’s your favorite way to dress up a hamburger?