All my Meet and Greet guests are special, but I’m extra, extra excited today because my critique partner is here! Krista Phillips’s debut novel just released, and I’m soooo excited to share in the celebration! Having gotten a sneak peek at her book, I can assure you that it will make you laugh out loud and turn pages way past your bedtime.
Krista Phillips writes inspirational romantic comedy. She believes a sprinkle of laughter (and a wee bit of chocolate) makes everything a little better! She blogs regularly about life as a wife, mother, follower of Jesus, and mother of a child with a rare congenital heart defect at www.kristaphillips.com. Her debut novel, Sandwich, With a Side of Romance, releases in September, 2012.
Welcome, Krista!!! Have I said how excited I am you’re here?! 🙂 Let’s get to the questions, shall we?
Opener Question: What seven words best describe you?
Pretty, Good, Awesome, Amazing, Smart, Funny, Talented (I asked my children and this was their answer…I totally have them fooled!!!!)
MY answer would be…
Perpetual-dieter, Procrastinator, Nice, Forgetful, Opinionated, Goofy, Dreamer
1) Fjords of Norway or Pyramids of Egypt? Pyramids… only because I have no clue what a Fjord is. Actually, let’s do the Fjord thing. I’ll get to learn something!
2) You’ve Got Mail or Notting Hill? Are you kidding me??? You’ve Got Mail. No competition there.
3) Kit Kat or Twix? Twix. Nothing beats chocolate and caramel!
4) Day at the mall or Day at the spa? Um. Both? A day at the mall that has a spa in it I can go to? If I have to choose, it depends how much money I have. If I was only going to window shop, I’d take the spa. If I had a shopping spree and could buy whatever I want, mall.
5) Jump in with both feet or Enjoy the view? Jump in with both feet. Although I’m working on trying to enjoy the view more!
6) Gourmet chef or Chef Boyardee? Neither. McDonalds. *grin*
7) Flip flops or Slingbacks? Flipflops, but ones without the little thing between your big toe and whatever you call the toe next to it. Uncomfortable!
LOL, Krista, I have to admit to being a flip-flop addict, but I don’t blame you for finding them uncomfortable. Definitely not a shoe for a day at the mall. 🙂 And wouldn’t it be nice to get an unlimited shopping spree? I can’t even imagine where I’d begin! Hmm, The Loft, Bed Bath and Beyond…the options are endless.
Thanks so much for visiting today! I can’t wait to read your book (again)! 🙂
She moved to Sandwich, Illinois, in search of a new life, but ended up in a giant pickle.
Sandwich represents hope for twenty-year-old Maddie Buckner and Kyle, the eleven-year-old brother Maddie wants to spring out of foster care. Then she loses her new job after less than a day. It’s all Reuben-the-Jerk’s fault, and she’s determined to make him right the wrong.
He does so, reluctantly, by giving her a job at his restaurant, The Sandwich Emporium. Then crazy things start happening at the restaurant, and Kyle’s foster parents apply to adopt him. To stop it all, Maddie must learn the art of humbling herself and accepting the help God has arranged, risking her heart to Reuben in the process.
And she’d rather eat a million corned-beef on rye sandwiches than do that.
Blog Readers: Let’s Talk…If you were given an unlimited shopping spree, where would you go first? What would you be most excited to spend the money on? Or if you’re not a shopper, let’s talk sandwiches since Krista’s book is making me hungry….What’s your favorite sandwich ever? 🙂