I’m entering my personal crazy season, which means the calendar is filling up fast. A busy work schedule + my son’s baseball season + end-of-school-year activities = One Stressed Mama!
I have a feeling I’m not alone. Many families find themselves running around this time of year, grabbing food on the go as they race off to the next activity or event.
While I recommend making and eating food at home whenever possible, the reality is, sometimes it’s just not practical or feasible. For those days when a restaurant is your best option, is it possible to stay on track and make healthy choices?
As you guessed, my answer is yes! 🙂
I’m devoting this entire month to a blog series called Healthy Restaurant Picks. Each week will feature a different restaurant theme.
This week’s theme is Fast Food. Below each list you’ll see a Pinterest-friendly version to save for later. Homemade and simple is best, but in a pinch, these menu items are healthy, on-the-go options.
- Roast Turkey Farmhouse Salad with Light Italian Dressing
- Market Fresh Roast Turkey and Swiss Sandwich (No mayo; remove half the bread)
- Roast Beef Classic (Remove half the bun)
- Chopped Side Salad with light dressing
- Garden Grilled Chicken Salad with Ken’s Lite Balsamic Vinaigrette (No croutons)
- MorningStar Veggie Burger (No mayo; remove half the bun)
- Grilled Chicken Sandwich (No mayo; remove half the bun)
- Garden Side Salad with light dressing (No croutons)
- Grilled Nuggets
- Grilled Chicken Cool Wrap
- Grilled Chicken Sandwich
- Grilled Market Salad
- Superfood Side Salad
- Greek Yogurt Parfait with Harvest Nut Granola
- Fruit cup
- Tomato Florentine Soup
- Vegetable Beef Soup
- Stuffed Green Pepper Soup
- Garden Fresco Salad with Grilled Chicken and Raspberry Vinaigrette (No croutons)
- Grilled Chicken Sandwich (Remove half or all of the bun)
- Side of Green Beans
- Side salad with Sesame Ginger Dressing (No croutons)
- Grilled Chicken Breast Meal with sides of Green Beans and Corn
- Chicken Caesar Salad with grilled chicken (No croutons; add Marzetti Light Italian Dressing in place of Caesar dressing)
- Egg White Delight McMuffin (Remove half or all of the muffin.)
- Fruit and Maple Oatmeal without brown sugar
- Artisan Grilled Chicken Sandwich (Remove half the bun)
- Side Salad; add Grilled Chicken (Newman’s Own Low-Fat Balsamic Vinaigrette)
- Fruit ‘N Yogurt Parfait
- Fresco Chicken Soft Taco (When you add “fresco” to any item, they replace cheese, sauce, guacamole, or sour cream with pico de gallo. Each fresco item has 350 calories or less and under 10 grams of fat.)
- Power Menu Bowl – Chicken (No avocado ranch sauce)
- Chips & Salsa, Chips & Guacamole, or Chips & Pico de Gallo
- Black Beans and Rice
- Pintos and Cheese
- Small chili
- Apple Pecan Chicken Salad
- Half-size BBQ Ranch Chicken Salad without tortilla strips
- Grilled Chicken Sandwich (Remove half the bun)
- Side Salad with light dressing (Fat-Free French, Light Classic Ranch, or Pomegranate Vinaigrette)
*Wendy’s allows you to customize any of their salads and offers half-size salads as well.